Monday, December 30, 2013

What small, beautiful things did I notice today?

Metaphorically and literally speaking:

  • Frosty fog that made everything quiet in the field near my house
  • 500 geese that made everything loud in the field near my house
  • A neighbor's wave
  • A phone call from a friend who has moved away
  • A phone call from a husband who is working over the holidays
  • My dog's rambunctious joy (minus the nip marks on my arm)
  • Hot supper waiting
  • Bird ornaments for 49% off
  • Happy hour
  • A friend who makes me laugh and discusses books with me
  • A connection with a new friend from England
  • Addi Turbo knitting needles that are making my blanket project go really fast
  • The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, by William Joyce and Joe Bluhm, from Annie Bloom's Books
So many beautiful things on a simple day. What small, beautiful things did you notice today?

1 comment:

  1. Did you buy the bird ornaments in the end? So much fun to spend time with you as always.

    ReplyDelete