Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Is there a class for developing wisdom, patience and compassion?

Tough day. I actually googled "how to teach a child whose parent has died." Because I really don't know how to do it. I feel like someone out there must have a special training that I haven't taken yet. It's a course that tells me how to teach a child whose parent just died; a child who shouts out the opposite of whatever I say a la Tourette's; a child who pounds on the table and bangs his head on the table and screams at me when things don't go his way; a child who argues with everyone around him and talks like a baby, etc. Because I clearly don't have the training yet. I start to think things are going better, that we finally have a culture developing, but then, I realize I am out of my league, that I really don't know how to teach these kids plus 19 more plus get them all to be deep thinkers, great writers, and mathematicians. Please send course information courtesy of this blog.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you and your grieving student. I wish I had something profound to share. You have a deep and abiding heart for those who suffer, especially children who suffer, and that will serve you always.

    ReplyDelete